A Resume (also résumé) is a document created with the intention of presenting a person’s skills and accomplishments for several reasons most often to secure new employment.
Resumes are divided into sections typically containing a summary of one’s education and relevant job experiences in a succinct manner.
Given the typical structure used to create resumes, there are a ton of online platforms that enable users to create beautiful resumes easily and free of charge.
Here are the 10 best options available for reliably creating resumes online.
ResumeCoach is an online resume builder that enables users to build professional resumes through a large library of pre-designed templates. The editor helps applicants to create a resume that instantly grabs an employer’s attention while being highly readable.
All templates have been designed to be easy to complete, and each step of the process features expert guidance to ensure professional guidelines are followed. The website’s resume builder consists of a quick 3 step process: select a template, enter relevant information and download the resume.
New sections can be easily dragged and dropped in any design, and texts can be quickly edited. Resumecoach also features the option to write and save cover letters. Whether the user is studying, entry-level, or senior-level, different specialized layouts are available for each specific situation.
- Professional ready-made templates
- Expert tips and guidance at every stage
- Modern and sleek resume designer
- Easy-to-fill forms
- Information bank
- Supports both PDF and text file download
- Simple adjustments and editing
- Photo recommendations powered by artificial intelligence (new)
- Free version
1. Resume Build
Resume Build is an online website that enables users to build professional out-of-the-box resumes using an instantly-generating resume-building technology in a single click. Its resume builder features templates for building professional, entry-level, and student-type resumes.
- Real-time resume preview
- Pre-written resume examples
- 20+ tailored templates
NovoResume aims to enable users with 0 – 5 years of experience land a dream job by using a resume template that represents their skills and work experience. It uses an ATS-friendly format to create resumes for student/intermediate users, CVs for senior-class users, and cover letters for applications with all levels of experience.
- A creative professional layout
- Live feedback to improve resume content
- Free cover letters and resume samples
- Tailored templates for different job types
- Export resumes to PDF and Word
3. Resume Genius
Resume Genius enables users to build professional resumes by choosing from a library of classic templates that have reportedly help other users to land new jobs. Users can search for templates by titles, select responsibilities and job descriptions with tips and tricks that follow professional guidelines coupled with a free critique from a resume expert.
- A free critique from a resume expert
- Basic, modern, and creative resume styles
- Thousands of job descriptions to choose from
- Pre-written job responsibilities
Resume.com is a straightforward resume building website for building artistic, professional resumes that highlight applicants’ qualities using guidelines backed by data. It features tons of sample cover letters that complement the resumes and several resources that aid in career advice and career development.
- Minimalist-style resumes
- Clutter-free user interface
- Easily build and share resumes
Resume.io enables users to build the exact resume rules that employers look for using professional field-test resume templates. Recording that only 2% of resumes make it past the first round of job applications, Resume.io aims to help job seekers be in the top 2% by creating resumes in minutes alongside cover letters.
- Professional field-test templates
- Pre-written phrases
- Automatic spell checker
- Share resumes via links
- Automatic summary generator
- Cover letters
- Download resumes as PDF or export to Word or TXT
LiveCareer enables job seekers to build personalized resumes in minutes using expert recommendations based on their desired job search. It features a large library of professionally written templates designed to grab an employer’s attention as well as a step by step guide for each section and pre-written bullet points for content.
- Step by step writing guide for each section
- Different template styles for several job types
- Expert advice on resumes in 1 or 2 business days
- 1000+ resume samples
- Option to have a professional create templates
7. My Perfect Resume
My Perfect Resume aims to take the hassle out of resume writing by allowing users to choose several templates and follow easy prompts to effortlessly create the perfect job-ready resume. It also allows users to automatically create a cover letter that complements their resume and stand out from other job seekers.
- Free online resume builder with 30+ templates
- Recruiter-approved phrases
- Fast and easy formating for customizing each section
- Pro account to get a resume written by a professional
8. ResumeMaker Online
ResumeMaker Online is a straightforward platform for quickly building resumes in real-time no registration required. The editor has options to edit sections for customizable user data and 3 types of document layouts, A4, legal, and letter. It also has quick options for customizing font, brand colour, and text size.
- Modern, minimalist-style editor
- Preview mode in a 3D environment
- Build print-ready resumes in real-time
- Quick edit options
Zety is a quick and easy online resume and cover letter builder for professional applications. It features 20+ resume and cover templates built using best practices, a resume checker, and a flexible text editor.
- Tons of resume and cover letter templates
- Flexible text editor
- Spell checker
- Resume quality checker
VisualCV prides itself to be the most powerful CV and resume builder that enables applicants to land their dream job by creating resumes tailored for different jobs using a rich visual editor. Users can manage multiple resumes as well as different versions of the same documents, track analytics to be informed of when applications are viewed,
- Resume analytics
- Data and privacy control
- Free reviews from partners
- Share via links or export to PDF
There are other platforms that do a good job of enabling users to create resumes and CVs by choosing from tons of templates designed for quick editing.
These online resume builders offer thousands of pre-written industry-guided resumes with the aim of helping users win their next job. Go ahead to try out any one of them to build a document that meets the requirements of your application and I wish you all the best.