Three years back I had started a YouTube Channel in my name but today based on the content of my channel, I believe that a rather trendy name would pull in more audience. So I decided to change my YouTube channel name.
Likewise, there can be various reasons for you to change your YouTube channel name and so I have broken down put the entire process in real simple steps so that you do not have to waste your time searching about it.
Once you have selected a new name for your YouTube channel, you can change your channel name either through your desktop or your mobile app.
1. Change YouTube Channel Name From Browser
Let me first go through the steps you need to follow for changing your channel name through the desktop.
1. Go to YouTube and login with your credentials. After logging in, you will see your profile picture at the top right of the page. Click on the profile picture.
2. The tab opens up. Here click on “Your Channel”.
3. Click on the “Customise Channel” tab.
4. A new page opens up. Now under the channel customization page, you will find the “Basic Info” tab, click on it.
5. The personal info page opens up which shows your channel name and channel description. Click on “Edit channel name” as shown in the screenshot below.
6. Clicking on “Edit channel name” enables you to change the channel name.
7. Once the changes are done click on the “Publish” button.
Congratulations! Now you have got a new channel name.
2. How to Change YouTube Channel Name From Mobile
In case you are using your android device and you do not want to do the process through the desktop, you can easily do it from your mobile phone.
1. Open the YouTube mobile app and click on your profile picture which appears at the top right of the screen.
2. Next click on “Your Channel”.
3. On the next page, you will get the option “Edit Channel”. Click on the same.
3. A box opens up which displays your current channel name. Here you can edit the name of your channel. Type in the new name, click on “Ok”, and it is done!
Please note that it may take some time for your new name to get updated, so please be patient and do not worry. Also, YouTube only allows a user to change his channel name thrice every 90 days. So feel free to change your channel name, but do keep this in mind.
Wait Wait Wait! I know you have changed your channel name now, but before you get busy with your YouTube channel, please do give us your feedback in the comment section below, and also please keep sharing.
Wish you luck with your channel.