FreeOffice 2016 is the latest version of the Office software from SoftMaker. In fact, you wouldn’t be wrong if you called it the free version of SoftMaker Office 2018 seeing as it features the same suite of applications.
However, it comes with only 3 office suite apps, FreeOffice TextMaker, FreeOffice PlanMaker, and FreeOffice Presentations. No Extended Thunderbird or Basic Maker 2018.
That hasn’t prevented it from being able to use several CPU cores, rendering graphics faster than its predecessor, work with touch-screens and 4K (UHG) monitors, and be compatible with all modern Linux distros and Windows XP up to Windows 10.
TextMaker 2018, for word processing.
PlanMaker 2018, for data spreadsheets
Presentations 2018, for presentations
Features in FreeOffice 2016
- Free for both personal and business use.
- Available for GNU/Linux and Windows PCs and Android.
- FreeOffice 2016 is Closed-Source.
- Available for 32 and 64-bit architectures.
- Available for Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003.
- Use OpenGL-based 2D and 3D animations and transitions.
- Compatible with DOCX, XLSX, and PPTX.
- Has a beautiful UI with customizable layout.
- Uses a modern ribbon theme.
- Support for several languages including French, Spanish, Romanian, Russian, etc.
FreeOffice 2016 features so many options it is better you check out the list yourself to see if it matches your installation criteria. You can do that here.
You will need to register as a new user with a valid email address in order to download FreeOffice 2016. This is so that you can have a product key sent to your inbox and add you to the newsletter list. Of course, you can always cancel your subscription.
Are you in search for a free alternative to Microsoft’s Office suite? I think you should test FreeOffice 2016 and confirm if it is, as its developers say, “the best free alternative to Microsoft Office“.
Pen your thoughts in the comments section below.