Inkscape is the typical go-to vector graphic creation tool for Linux users, and even though it hasn’t been too long since I wrote on an alternative, Vectr, but today I will bring you yet another more feature-rich alternative that I am sure you will like.
Gravit is a free vector graphic creation tool developed with a more intuitive workflow to suit the needs of both beginner, designers and professionals alike. The company is of the notion that “anyone can make designs for free, anywhere and anytime”.
Gravit has a beautiful UI that lets you take advantage of its simplicity to build website mockups, icons, poster flyers, print media, illustrations, presentations, and a host of other creative designs.
Features in Gravit
- Free – don’t worry about subscription fees or auto-renewal schemes.
- Cross-platform – access your account on Windows, Mac, Linux and ChromeOS.
- Modern Browser Support – Gravit runs smoothly on Safari, Chrome, Opera, and Firefox.
- Online Account – you need an account to sync and save your designs across all your devices.
- Export Options – save your designs as PDF, SVG, PNG, and JPEG.
- Multiple Artboard Presets – just decide what platform you want to design for and pick its art-board size from any of the nicely-grouped art-board presets.
- Themes – Gravish (Default), Dark, and Light.
- Market – an online platform to which you can directly share your designs for others to see.
- Organizations – work with teams.
- Discover – an inspiration hub filled with designs by beginners and professionals alike.
Gravit is free to use without charge (gratis), but it isn’t open source (libre) – so no, there is no public access to the project’s code. But unlike Vectr, Gravit has the core features you would need to work with when you’re on design projects from start to finish. I know this because I use both of them.
How about you, though? What vector creation tool set do you use for your graphics, illustrations, and mockup designs on Linux? Share you answer with us in the comments section below and feel free to make app suggestions.