FossMint has a number of Markdown note-taking app articles under its belt and it is with pleasure that we bring you another fantastic one, Laverna.
With Laverna, you can take notes and create to-do lists, both of which you can organize using notebooks. During editing, you can decide to work in normal, preview, or distraction – free mode.
Its sturdy Markdown editor supports keybindings which will allow power users to work without needing to take their hands off their keyboard.
Features in Laverna
- Open source: you can contribute to its source code on GitHub.
- Free and available for download on GNU/Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Supports live markdown editing.
- Easily create notes, to-do lists, and notebooks even while offline.
- 3 viewing modes: distraction-free, preview, and normal.
- Encryption option.
- Support for cloud syncing (currently supports Remote Storage and Dropbox only).
- No registration required.
- Import & export notes.
- Supports code highlighting.
- Intelligent keybinding support.
Laverna does an excellent job of keeping your notes synced on all your connected devices and it exhibits virtually no bugs whatsoever. If you were looking for a Markdown editing app for your everyday use you don’t need to search any longer.
Do you already use a markdown editor that we don’t know about yet? Maybe you should try out Laverna for comparison and see if it doesn’t do a better job.
Don’t forget that you can drop your comments and suggestions in the discussion section below.