Shells is a multi-platform virtual environment that enables you to turn your Playstation, Tablet, Smartphone, Xbox, or Oculus into a computer. With only a single click, you can turn the Shells virtual environment into a powerful, cloud-driven workspace for both personal and professional tasks without leaving your browser!
You might be asking by now, “what exactly is a shell?” Well, Shells are virtual cloud computers that can be enabled with any web-enabled device. They are powered by Intell computers that are always on, can run full desktop software, and can even be used for software development, music and media production applications, etc.
The major selling point of Shells is that it enables users to dramatically lower the upfront cost of a computer or laptop and even breath life back into an older device, laptop or tablet and all you need is a browser on your device.
Would you like to quickly find exactly what Shells is and how it works? Here’s a 1-minute video that’s got the fundamental information you need:
Features in Shells
- Beautiful, modern user interface.
- Intel-powered desktop computers that are always on.
- Run any desktop software directly in your browser.
- Run multiple apps at the same time.
- Supports several devices e.g. iOS, Firefox, PlayStation, AndroidTV, etc.
- Security-centric datacenters.
Shells works with AndroidTV, iOS, Android, Firefox, Google Chrome, PlayStation, Oculus, Tesla, Xbox, and Safari. The supported operating systems include Fedora, Ubuntu and its flavours, KDE Neon, Debian, Manjaro, and Windows.
Choose a Plan That Suits You Perfect
The Shells team has made Shells available to different users according to their requirements.
The pricing is divided into 4 plans:
- Shells Lite – This costs $4.95 per month. Basically, it is a cloud computer perfect for students and casual PC users. It contains 1 processor, 40 GB storage, 2 GB RAM, and 100 hours.
- Shell Basic – This costs $9.95 per month (17% off) and offers the full experience of Shells Lite with unlimited storage. It contains 1 processor, 40 GB storage, 2 GB RAM, and no time restriction.
- Shells Plus – This is a more powerful personal cloud computer powerful enough for development and content editing. It costs $19.95 per month. It contains 2 processors, 80 GB storage, 4 GB RAM, and 100 hours. It contains 2 processors, 80 GB storage, 2 GB RAM, and no time restriction.
- Shells Pro – Shells Pro is the plan for your most technical needs and is designed perfectly for all users who want a cloud computer with no limitations at all. It costs $36.95 per month. It contains 4 processors, 160 GB storage, 8 GB RAM, and no time restriction.
Just in case you would like to try Shells our for yourself before shelling out any cash, you should know that they offer a 7-day money-back guarantee so you can have a field day trying out all of your favourite apps in your browser.
Are you already familiar with Shells? Or maybe you use an alternative that we haven’t covered on GossMint before. You’re welcome to add your suggestions and share your experience with us in the comments section below.