Content creation is the process of creating topic ideas in a written or visual form that appeals to your buyer persona. While this information can be presented to your audience as an infographic, video, blog, and other formats. Written content (in blogs and digital magazines, for example,) is still the most widespread category.
Today’s article brings you a list of extensions that have been built to provide users with vital information on their writing techniques to make their sites better optimized for search engines and customer interaction.
The Grammarly browser extension provides grammar and spelling suggestions to optimize user content by eliminating errors, minimizing redundancy, and boosting SEO. It also features a clean, rich text editor with advanced content options for optimizing the writing quality.
You can read more about Grammarly here.
- Spell checker with error highlighting.
- Works in any editor.
- Built-in tone detector for different writing styles.
- Word definitions and synonyms.
SEO Analysis & Website Review by Woorank extension provides a deep SEO analysis and website reviews for mobile, SEO, usability, and social media in order to give a complete picture of a website’s optimization. It only reads websites and thus doesn’t add any badges, banners, or icons to websites nor does it have a negative impact on a page’s loading time.
- Search engine optimization.
- Structured data.
- Backlinks analysis.
- Website traffic.
MozBar is an all-in-one SEO toolbar for researching on the go. It provides users with instant metrics while viewing any SERP or web page and allows them to create custom searches by engine, country, city, or region.
- Quickly access Page and Domain Authorities on any site.
- Find and highlight keywords on a page and differentiate links by type.
- Export SERP to CSV format.
- Access and compare link metrics across pages while viewing any SERP.
- View keyword difficulty score in real-time.
BuzzSumo is a free browser extension that allows users to quickly get social engagement data for the currently viewed pages on any website. It works to enable users to explore high-performing content by analyzing billions of data points which in turn leads to the identification of social media influencers, improved marketing strategy, and better SEO campaigns.
- View who shared selected pages on Twitter.
- View URL backlink counts.
- Analyze top-performing content formats.
Nofollow is a simple browser extension that outlines nofollow, “dofollow“, external links, and “noindex” HTML tags. It also outlines links on pages with a nofollow robots meta tag.
- Clean, easy-to-use user interface.
- Infobox (shows nofollow, noindex meta tags for robots, googlebot, slurp, bingbot, msnbot, and teoma)
- Search engine specific robot meta tags.
- Supports NOFOLLOW, SPONSORED, and UGC link attribute values.
- Enable extension on specific websites.
Checkbot is an SEO, web speed and security tester plugin for testing for over 50 common website problems based on practices recommended by Mozilla and Google. With it, you can check for broken links, HTML/JS/CSS, duplicate titles, and URL redirects as well as get insight on how to improve a websites’ SEO ranking, security, and page speed. Checkbot offers speedy performance and is capable of crawling several hundred pages in minutes.
- Clean, modern user interface.
- Broken link SEO tests, missing page titles, sitemap setup, canonical URLs, mobile scaling, etc.
- Web security tests e.g. security headers, HSTS, insecure password forms, HTTPS.
- Page speed tests e.g. minification, caching, compression.
SEOquake is a free browser plugin that provides users with significant SEO metrics on specific pages combined with other nifty tools for SEO audits, GSC integration, SERP overlay, info on backlinks, traffic, and ads, etc.
With it you can review all the major metrics on your site, make a thorough analysis of SERPs and export the results in CSV format, estimate keyword difficulty, create custom parameters or choose from default presets, compare URLs/domains, etc.
- Clean and simple, easy-to-use UI.
- High-performance speed for conducting on-page SEO audits.
- Examine internal and external links e.g. link types, and anchor texts.
- Compare multiple domains and URLs in real-time.
- Create exportable, analytics-based reports.
These extensions will work on ‘the surfaces’ of web pages to provide you with the best strategy to improve the quality of your site’s content while highlighting the areas that need to be updated, fixed for errors, or deleted completely.
In case you missed it, we have an article on the Best Backlink Checker Tools of 2020. If you’re interested in delving deeper into SEO optimization then that article will be a good start.