Cloud Sticky Notes is a free, simple, and customizable Java-based sticky note-taking application. It is recognized by many people using Mac, Windows, and Linux OS since it runs on all three platforms, among others. It has a User Interface reminiscent of the famous Windows Sticky Notes app so it should be easy for anyone to get up and running with.
You can add, edit, and delete notes while offline without any setbacks. Cloud Sticky Notes will automatically synchronize your data whenever you’re online so you will have no need to manually sync your data to the cloud.
The latest version has improved its security standards and now stores notes both locally (on your system) and remotely on Amazon EC2. Of course, you will need to set up an account to access the server wherein all your data will be encrypted.
Features in Cloud Sticky Notes
- Freeware: Cloud Sticky Notes is free for everyone to download and use.
- Closed-Source: Cloud Sticky Notes isn’t released under any of the open-source licenses as far as I know so its source code is off limits.
- Cross-Platform: Cloud Sticky Notes is available for installation on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Built using the Java Programming Language.
- Automatic synchronization.
- QuickSync: Automatic data backup across all connected devices in a matter of seconds.
- Portability: Transfer it across devices using an external storage device.
- Works offline.
- Multiple language support.
- Custom font support.
- Support for network proxy.
- Time-based reminders.
You can launch Cloud Sticky Notes right in your browser or download and install the Java executable file on your desktop.
Don’t forget you will need to have Java installed on your machine to run Java-based apps.
If you decide to launch Cloud Sticky Notes via Web Start you may see a warning because the application requires network connectivity, hard drive access and is self-signed. It is safe to ignore the warning when it appears by clicking the checkbox and the run button.
Cloud Sticky Notes is a customizable sticky notes app for people who like to have quick and simple to-do lists, jots, or reminders readily accessible complete with reminders. If you do give it a try don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below.