Codeanywhere is a feature-rich cross-platform cloud IDE that offers coding features you’d expect from an offline application even more with services like cloud services, sandboxed projects, collaboration features, and a revision system.
It features a beautifully designed dark-themed User Interface with syntax highlighting, multiple panes, inbuilt console with FTP and SFTP capabilities, SSH for remote connection, Dropbox and Google Drive support, and many other features.
Features in Codeanywhere
- Commercial software.
- Online editor.
- Remote connection including FTP and SFTP.
- Support for Dropbox and Google Drive integration.
- Built-in terminal console with support for SSH.
- Version control for saved documents in the form of revisions.
- Share and collaborate with coding colleagues in real time.
- Predefined development stacks.
- Live pair programming for working on the same code at the same time.
- Integration with Version Control systems including Git, Bitbucket, and GitHub.
- Run your code in containers.
- Private virtual servers.
- A comprehensive online documentation.
With Codeanywhere you can make use of predefined coding containers and make your projects accessible to your colleagues from anywhere via URLs. To simply put, if you never want to worry about keeping your coding projects on your device then Codeanywhere is an excellent choice.
Find out more about Codeanywhere’s features here.
Pricing & Usage
Codeanywhere is a free service for individual coders with just “everything you need to get started programming” and a monthly subscription service for users who would want extra features included in their package.
If you work at a University, school, or any other educational institution then you can contact the Codeanywhere team to access the education plans that are available.
Find out all about pricing and subscription packages here.
What is your take on cloud IDEs? Are you currently using any? And do you have suggestions of any that are good enough to be added to our list? Share your views in the comments section below.