Today, we introduce a somewhat new podcast application that is simple and yet delivers efficiently across all 3 desktop platforms.
CPod, (formerly known as Cumulonimbus), is an electron-based podcast app player for audiobook and podcast lovers.
It features a themeable UI with support for playing almost any audio media file type; a straight-forward user flow with a variety of colors, animations, and layout positions; option to search for and follow podcast channels and shows, create playlists, queues, etc.
Features in CPod
- Free to download and use.
- Available for Windows, GNU/Linux, and Mac computers.
- Available as a snap app.
- An Open-Source with source code available for contribution on GitHub.
- Search for and listen to podcast channels using the iTunes podcast directory.
- Subscribe to channels.
- Review show details, channel bio, and episode descriptions.
- Create and edit playlists.
- Refresh artworks for podcasts.
- Add podcast episodes to your playlist without subscribing to the channel.
- Lineup podcasts to listen to using queues.
- Filter podcasts episodes by date and duration.
CPod is still in development phase and thus, isn’t free of bugs here and there so don’t be thrown off if you happen to come across any. Some features are also missing e.g. MPRIS integration and automatic downloading – advanced features I suspect will be added to the app soon especially as it gains more audience attention.
With that being said, if you’re looking for a Linux podcast app (or a new one to switch to,) then you should definitely give CPod a test drive.
[mks_button size=”medium” title=”Download CPod Podcast App” style=”squared” url=”https://github.com/z————-/cumulonimbus/releases” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow” bg_color=”#46698E” txt_color=”#fff” icon=”fa-download” icon_type=”fa” nofollow=”1″]
CPod is also available as a snap app and can be quickly installed using the command.
$ sudo snap install cumulonimbus
Do you know other podcast apps that we should check out? Feel free to mention them to us in the comments section below.