Klavaro is a libre, user-friendly, and customizable typing tutor for improving your typing speed, flexibility, and accuracy. It features an intuitive interface with varied lessons with difficulty ranges and support for multiple languages and keyboard layouts.
You can keep track of your progress with charts, modify keyboard layouts or create new ones, and import texts to use for practical lessons.
Klavaro has 4 main typing courses and they are:
- Basic course: random character sequences are generated for you to enter in order to memorize the key positions on your keyboard.
- Adaptability exercise: practice using the whole keyboard as you enter a series of randomly generated keys.
- Velocity exercise: practice typing random words at your highest speeds using a familiar keyboard layout.
- Fluidness exercise: type complete paragraphs without spelling or grammatical errors. You can load text files independent of language.
You can perfect your typing using any or all of the 4 exercise modes free of charge.
Features in Klavaro
- Libre software – you are free to use for both commercial and non-commercial purposes.
- Open-source with source code available on SourceForge.
- Simple and clean UI.
- 4 learning courses: basic, adaptability, velocity, and fluidness exercises.
- Keyboard layout editor.
- Progress charts.
- Semi-online contest.
- Available in several languages and open to more translation options.
- Several built-in keyboard layout options.
- Import practice text from external sources.
These features are the highlights of Klavaro’s latest versions and you can enjoy all the rest free of charge.
You can easily install Klavaro from the default system repository using your package manager as shown.
$ sudo apt install klavaro [On Debian/Ubuntu] $ sudo dnf install klavaro [On Fedora 22+] $ sudo yum install klavaro [On CentOS/RHEL]
We published a list of the best tools to improve your typing skills not too long ago here and this is another title to add to that list.
Have you got any other suggestions for us? Feel free to add your comments in the section below.