I have written on wallpaper changes before e.g. WeatherDesk and Bing Wallpaper Changer which automatically change your wallpaper based on the weather and Bing’s image of the day respectively; and Desk Changer which will change your wallpaper based on timed intervals.
I also wrote on a wallpaper changer that had a good command of parallax effect, Korembi, and today I am pleased to introduce to you its latest and more advanced version, Korembi 2.
Komorebi 2 is a beautiful and customizable Linux wallpaper manager that ships with its own set of tweakable background images ranging from parallax backgrounds to gradient wallpapers that can be customized at any time!
One of the most notable changes in this latest version is the built-in wallpaper creator which you can access at any time via your preferred application launcher.
Preview Korembi 2’s effect in the video below:
Features in Korembi 2
- FOSS – Free and open-source.
- Beautiful and themeable GUI.
- Animate wallpapers at time intervals.
- Built-in wallpaper creator.
- Display basic system information (e.g. RAM and CPU statistics) and time & date.
- Universal menu accessible by double tapping on anywhere on the wallpaper.
- Support for video wallpapers.
- Option to tweak font size, spacing, etc.
As expected, Korembi 2 contains all the features in its predecessor and many others. If it didn’t there wouldn’t have “2” as a suffix. You are free to try out the new desktop wallpaper manager for free by using your preferred application installer after following the download link below.
Are you familiar with Korembi? What do you think of its latest updates so far? Drop your comments and app suggestions in the section below.