Letrs is a beautiful cloud-based font manager for developers and designers alike. It is also an ever-growing catalog of Typefaces which you can search for and activate to use on your computer and in your projects.
It features a minimalist User Interface with a green, black, dark blue, and white color scheme. As you would expect from a cloud-based application, it works with an online account to which all your selected and uploaded fonts, teams, and search history is saved.
Features in Letrs
- Freemium app with subscription packages: Essential, Teamwork, Unlimited, and Enterprise.
- No downloads or installation required.
- 1-click to activate and use fonts.
- Share fonts with individuals and teams.
- Organize fonts in library.
- Upload fonts to your cloud account.
- Create Teams.
To use the fonts in Letrs, search for typefaces by their name or select a category from the left panel. When you find one that you want to use click on it to activate it and use it on your computer without downloading it.
If you already have fonts of your choice you can upload them to your Letrs account via its drag and drop feature by dragging your font files into your “My Fonts” folder.
Pricing & Plans
Letrs is free for individuals but with restricted access.
- Free users will only be able to manage their (uploaded) fonts without any access to TeamWork or Letr’s Font Catalog.
- TeamWork which costs 7.99/month will only allow users to create TeamWork but wouldn’t grant them access to Letr’s font catalog either.
- Unlimited which costs 19.99/month will have all 3 features: manage (uploaded) fonts, create TeamWork, and have unlimited access to Letr’s catalog.
- If you want to purchase the Enterprise package you will have to email the Letrs team.
Letrs is a rather pricey app. Clearly, its polished UI and seemingly unending typeface catalog don’t come cheap. If you have the cash to shell out, go for it; else look up an open source alternative like.
There are always alternatives in the open source world! Do you use any font managers on your Linux computer or do you go old school and manually maintain them yourself?
Perhaps you have an alternative app that is not as pricey as Letrs but is just as clean and reliable – we look forward to hearing about your take on the topic and your suggestions in the comments section below.