Light Table is a free, customizable, functional, and open-source IDE with a modern and intuitive User Interface, plugin support, command pane, and connection manager.
It was created by Chris Granger and Robert Attorri in mostly ClojureScript with the aim of providing developers to write and debug software with ease while getting smart feedback from the IDE and exchanging creative ideas with other users in the Light Table community.
Check out a demo of Light Table in the video below:
Features in Light Table
- Freeware: Light Table is free for everyone to download and use.
- Closed-Source: Contribute to the source code on GitHub.
- Cross-Platform: All Windows, Linux, and Mac users can enjoy the coolness of Light Table.
- A comprehensive online documentation & manual.
- An online forum where you can relate with other Light Table users.
- A blog where you can follow Light Table’s road map and be up to date with its latest changes.
- Support for a variety of plugin extensions including clojure.
- An intuitive navigation pane, file tree, and command pane.
- A plugin manager for downloading, installing, and managing a plethora of plugins.
Light Table also offers the typical features offered in IDEs including intellisense, auto-complete and indentation, syntax highlighting, etc.
Ultimately, if you are searching for a creative and engaging developer community from where you can gain insights or you just need a reliable and hackable IDE, then Light Table is an ideal bet for you since it is a combination of both.
Download Light Table for Linux
How many of you are conversant with Light Table? Apparently, it is one of the many loved apps among Mac users.
Tell us about your experience with it or drop your comments and app suggestions in the comments section below.