Musique is a cross-platform lightweight and open-source music player with an iTunes-like UI design that is easy to use especially by iOS lovers.
Musique has a user-friendly UI and that makes it easy for both kids and adults to use. Takes out all the complexities and helps you organize your playlist by artists, albums or folders for different genres.
This help with easy navigation when looking for a specific song or playlist. It also incorporates album covers, art and lyrics from the web when you play a song for a more interactive experience.
Features of Musique
- Capacity and Booting: handle very large collection of files or folders and because is a light weight it very easy to start.
- Browsing by category: allows for organizing files according to categories or folders. This can be album covers, artist photos, folders by genres etc. for easy navigation.
- Immersive Info View: allows for switching between separate windows while still seeing basic information of the song being played. It also has a drag-and-drop feature for switching in between songs.
- Supports multiple file formats: Its supports multiple audio file formats such as FLAC, OGG Vorbis, Monkey’s Audio (APE), Musepack (MPC), WavPack (WV), True Audio (TTA).
- Auto Tagging and Correction: auto-tagging by autocorrecting all spelling errors done on track titles, album titles and artist names.
- Maintains Original Files: no modifications to files.
- Supports scrobbling: supports web scrobbling to Last.fm
- Independent Application: Musique is not an add-on application to any OS. It fully functions on its own.
- Multi-Language: translates to more than 20 international languages.
Musique has an interactive interface, streams music from Last.FM, and comes in both free and paid versions so if after testing it out you are convinced to shell out some cash to get access its paid features, then do so. You will be supporting the developers anyway.
Have you used Musique Player before? Let us know about your experience with it in the comments sections below. And feel free to add suggestions for alternative music players.