If you own an Android or iOS device then you must have heard of Push Bullet by now.
PB for Desktop is a lightweight open-source Desktop (unofficial) app for PushBullet with which you can receive native push notifications on MacOS, Windows, and GNU/Linux.
Push Bullet is an app with which you can send text messages, send files and links with friends, follow channels, and see your phone’s notifications from your web browser.
You should know, however, that PB for Desktop is not affiliated with PushBullet Incorporated.
Features in PB for Desktop
- FOSS: PB for desktop is free to download and use; It’s also open source with its source code available on GitHub.
- Cross-platform: enjoy the same experience on GNU/Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- Native desktop notifications: enjoy customizable notifications like any other desktop app.
- Custom Sounds: set notification sounds from default list or import from your music library.
- Universal Clipboard: copy & paste across devices (available only with Pushbullet Pro).
- Rich Notifications: push thumbnails and channel icons for apps like IFTTT.
- Mirroring: send & receive SMS to Android device (available only on Android).
- Power Snooze: turn off notifications for 1, 4, or 8 hours.
- System tray applet
The above are all on paper. You’ll have to take the app for a test run to see how well it behaves on your machine.
Are you familiar with Push Bullet? And have you used PB for Desktop yet?
Do you think PB for Desktop is a welcome development to the community? Or would you rather just access the Push Bullet User Interface from within your browser? Drop your comments in the section below.