Important: This page is updated systematically based on recommendations and suggestions from our readers.
Last Updated On: 28th January 2019
Articles and Posts
- browserify – Browserify enables you bundle your dependencies and require (‘modules’) in the browser.
- webpack – A pack of CommonJs/AMD modules for the browser.
- Rollup – A modern ES6 module bundler.
- Brunch – A fast front-end web app build tool with simple declarative config.
- Parcel – A super fast web app bundler. No configurations needed.
- browserify – Browser-side require () the node.js way.
- SeaJS – A Module Loader for the Web.
- HeadJS – The only script in your HEAD.
- curl – A small, fast, extensible module loader for AMD, Plain text, CSS, CommonJS Modules/1.1, legacy scripts, and HTML.
- systemjs -A module loader compliant with AMD, CJS & ES6 specifications.
- LodJS – An AMD-based Module loader.
- ESL – A Module loader browser with support for AMD and lazy define.
Package managers provide libraries and tools for conveniently packaging software.
- Bower – A package manager for the web.
- component – Client package management for building web applications.
- spm – Static package manager.
- jam – A package manager using a browser-focused and RequireJS compatible repo.
- jspm – Frictionless browser package management.
- Ender – The no-library library.
- volo – Create front end projects from templates, add dependencies, and automate the resulting projects.
- Duo – A compilation of Component, Browserify and Go ideas in one package manager for better organization and creation of front-end code.
- yarn – A speed and security-focused dependency manager.
- mocha – A simple and flexible JS testing framework for the browser and node.js.
- prova – A Tape and Browserify-based Node and browser test runner.
- Protractor – An end-to-end testing framework for AngularJS apps.
- tape – Tap-producing test harness for node and browsers.
- TestCafe – Automated browser testing for modern web development stacks.
- chai – a node.js and browser BDD / TDD assertion framework. Can be paired with any testing framework.
- Enzyme – A JS Testing utility for easier to assertion, manipulation, and traversal of React Components’ output.
- react testing library – A package of React DOM testing utilities that encourage good practices.
- Sinon.JS – A JS tester for stubs, spies, and mocks.
- expect.js – A minimalistic BDD-style assertions for Node.JS and the browser.
- istanbul – Yet another JS code coverage tool.
- blanket – An easy-to-use JS code coverage library for the browser and nodejs.
- phantomjs – A scriptable Headless WebKit.
- slimerjs – A PhantomJS-like tool running Gecko.
- casperjs – A navigation scripting & testing utility for PhantomJS and SlimerJS.
- zombie – A full-stack headless browser tester using node.js.
- totoro – A simple and reliable cross-browser testing tool.
- nightwatch – A UI automated testing framework based on node.js and selenium webdriver.
- yolpo – A statement-by-statement JS interpreter in the browser.
Quality Assesment (QA) Tools
- prettier – A smart code formatter.
- JSHint – Detect errors and potential problems in your code.
- jscs – A code style checker for JS.
- jsinspect – For detecting structurally similar code e.g. copied and pasted snippets.
- JSLint – High-standards, strict & opinionated code quality tool, aiming to keep only good parts of the language.
MVC Frameworks and Libraries
- angular.js – HTML enhanced for web apps.
- backbone – Add Models, Views, Collections, and Events to your JS apps.
- ember.js – Create ambitious web applications.
- ractive – Furutistic DOM manipulation.
- vue – An intuitive, fast & composable MVVM for building interactive UIs.
- spine – A lightweight MVC library for developing JS apps.
- espresso.js – A minimal JS library for crafting UIs.
- canjs – Write JS better, faster, and easier.
- react – A flxible library for building user interfaces. Supports working with a Virtual DOM.
- preact – A fast 3kb React alternative with the same ES6 API. Components & Virtual DOM.
- react-native – A framework for building native apps with React.
- riot – React-like library, but a lot smaller.
- thorax – Strengthening your Backbone.
- ripple – A tiny foundation for building reactive views.
- rivets – Lightweight and powerful data binding + templating solution.
- derby – MVC framework making it easy to write realtime, collaborative applications that run in both Node.js and browsers.
- derby-awesome – A collection of awesome derby components
- way.js – Simple, lightweight, persistent two-way databinding.
- mithril.js – Mithril is a lightweight but robust client-side MVC framework.
- jsblocks – jsblocks is better MV-ish framework.
- LiquidLava – Transparent MVC framework for building UIs.
- Keo – Functional stateless React components with support for Shadow DOM.
Node-Powered CMS Frameworks
- KeystoneJS – A powerful CMS and web app framework.
- Reaction Commerce – A reactive CMS for real-time architecture and design.
- Ghost – A simple, powerful publishing platform.
- Apostrophe – A CMS with content editing and essential features.
- We.js – A framework for real time apps, sites or blogs.
- Hatch.js – A CMS platform with social features.
- TaracotJS – A fast and minimalist Node.js-based CMS.
- Nodizecms – A CMS for CoffeeScript lovers
- Cody – A CMS with WSYWYG editor.
- PencilBlue – A CMS and blogging platform.
Templating engines enable you to interpolate strings.
- handlebars.js – An extension to the Mustache templating language.
- hogan.js – A compiler for the Mustache templating language.
- dustjs – A collection of asynchronous templates for the browser and node.js.
- eco – Embedded CoffeeScript templates.
- Pug (formerly “Jade”) – Robust, elegant, feature rich template engine for nodejs.
- xtemplate – eXtensible Template Engine lib for node and the browser.
- marko – A fast, lightweight, HTML-based templating engine for Node.js and the browser with async, streaming, custom tags and CommonJS modules as compiled output.
Web tools for Data visualization.
- metrics-graphics – A library optimized for concise, principled data graphics and layouts.
- pykcharts.js – Well designed d3.js charting without the complexity of d3.js.
- Chart.js – Create simple HTML5 Charts using the tag.
- peity – Create progressive bars, lines, and pie charts.
- echarts – Enterprise Charts.
- vis – Dynamic, browser-based visualization library.
- two.js – A renderer agnostic two-dimensional drawing api for the web.
- g.raphael – Charts for Raphaël.
- arbor – A graph visualization library using web workers and jQuery.
- cubism – A D3 plugin for visualizing time series.
- dc.js – Multi-Dimensional charting built to work natively with crossfilter rendered with d3.js
- vega – A visualization grammar.
- processing.js – Processing.js makes your data visualizations work using web standards and without any plug-ins
- envisionjs – Dynamic HTML5 visualization.
- morris.js – Pretty time-series line graphs.
- nvd3 – Build re-usable charts and chart components for d3.js
- svg.js – A lightweight library for manipulating and animating SVG.
- xCharts – A D3-based library for building custom charts and graphs.
- trianglify – Low poly style background generator with d3.js
- d4 – A friendly reusable charts DSL for D3.
- dimple.js – Easy charts for business analytics powered by d3
- chartist-js – Simple responsive charts.
- epoch – A general purpose real-time charting library.
- c3 – D3-based reusable chart library.
- BabylonJS – A framework for building 3D games with HTML 5 and WebGL.
- recharts – Redefined chart library built with React and D3
- ace – Ace (Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor).
- CodeMirror – In-browser code editor.
- esprima – ECMAScript parsing infrastructure for multipurpose analysis.
- quill – A rich, cross-browser text editor with an API.
- medium-editor – A clone of Medium.com’s WYSIWYG editor.
- pen – enjoy live editing (+markdown).
- jquery-notebook – A simple, clean and elegant text editor. Inspired by Medium.
- bootstrap-wysiwyg – A small bootstrap-compatible WYSIWYG rich text editor.
- ckeditor-releases – A web-based text editor for everyone.
- editor – A markdown editor (still in development).
- jsoneditor – A web-based tool for viewing, editing, and formatting JSON.
- Squire – A HTML5 text editor.
- trix – A rich text editor for everyday writing developed by Basecamp.
- Draft.js – A React framework for building text editors.
- bootstrap-wysihtml5 – A simple, beautiful wysiwyg editor
- wysihtml5 – An open source HTML5-based text editor also based on the progressive-enhancement approach. Uses a sophisticated security concept and aims to generate fully valid HTML5 markup by preventing unmaintainable tag soups and inline styles.
- raptor-editor – An HTML5 WYSIWYG content editor.
- popline – An HTML5 Rich-Text-Editor Toolbar.
- DevDocs – An all-in-one API documentation reader with a fast, organized, and consistent interface.
- dexy – A free-form literate documentation tool for writing any kind of technical document incorporating code.
- docco – A quick-and-dirty, hundred-line-long, literate-programming-style documentation generator.
- styledocco – Generate documentation and style guide documents from your stylesheets.
- Ronn – Build manuals easily. Also, convert simple, human readable textfiles to roff for terminal display and to HTML for the web.
- jsdox – A JSDoc3 to Markdown documentation generator.
- YUIDoc – A Node.js application API documentation generator using comments in source with a syntax similar to tools like Javadoc and Doxygen.
- coddoc – A jsdoc parsing library. Coddoc is different in that it is easily extensible by allowing users to add tag and code parsers through the use of coddoc.addTagHandler and coddoc.addCodeHandler. coddoc also parses source code to be used in APIs.
- sphinx – Easily create intuitive and beautiful documentation
- Using JSDoc
- Beautiful docs – A documentation viewer based on markdown files.
- documentation.js – An API documentation generator with support for ES2015+ and flow annotation.
Libraries for working with files.
- Papa Parse – A powerful CSV library that supports parsing CSV files/strings and exporting to CSV.
- jBinary – A High-level I/O (loading, parsing, manipulating, serializing, saving) for binary files with declarative syntax for describing file types and data structures.
- diff2html – A Git diff output parser and pretty HTML generator.
- lodash – A reliable utility library complete with customization and extras.
- lazy.js – Similar Underscore but lazier.
- mesh – Streamable data synchronization utility.
- Most.js – A high performance FRP library.
- MobX – A TFRP library for simple, scalable state management.
Data structure libraries to build more sophisticated applications.
- immutable-js – Immutable Data Collections including Sequence, Range, Repeat, Map, OrderedMap, Set and a sparse Vector.
- hashmap – Simple hashmap implementation that supports any kind of keys.
Libraries for working with Dates.
- moment – Parse, validate, manipulate, and display dates in JS.
- moment-timezone – Timezone support for moment.js.
- jquery-timeago – A jQuery plugin that makes it easy to support automatically updating fuzzy timestamps (e.g. “4 minutes ago”).
- date – Date() for humans.
- ms.js – Tiny millisecond conversion utility.
- countdown.js – Super simple countdowns.
- timeago.js – Simple library (less then 2kb) used to format date with
*** time agostatement.
- fecha – Lightweight date formatting and parsing (~2KB). Meant to replace parsing and formatting functionality of moment.js.
- selecting – A library that allows you to access texts selected by the users.
- query-string – Parse and stringify URL query strings.
- sprintf.js – A sprintf implementation.
- url-pattern – Easier than regex string matching patterns for urls and other strings. Turn strings into data or data into strings
- Numeral-js – A JS library for manipulating numbers.
- odometer – Smoothly transitions numbers with ease.
- store.js – LocalStorage wrapper for all browsers using localStorage, globalStorage, and userData behavior under the hood. Doesn’t require cookies or flash.
- localForage – Offline storage, improved. Wraps IndexedDB, WebSQL, or localStorage using a simple but powerful API.
- jStorage – jStorage is a simple key/value database to store data on browser side.
- cross-storage – Cross domain local storage, with permissions.
- basket.js – A script and resource loader for caching & loading scripts with localStorage.
- bag.js – A caching script and resource loader, similar to basket.js, but with additional k/v interface and localStorage / websql / indexedDB support.
- jquery-cookie – A simple, lightweight jQuery plugin for reading, writing and deleting cookies.
- DB.js – A Promise-based IndexDB Wrapper library
- lawnchair.js – A simple client-side JSON storage.
- chroma.js – A JS library for all kinds of color manipulations.
- colors – Smarter defaults for colors on the web.
- Vibrant.js – Extract prominent colors from an image.
i18n And L10n
- i18next – JS internationalisation (i18n) the easy way.
- polyglot – tiny i18n helper library.
- babelfish – i18n with a human friendly API and built in plurals support.
- async – Async utilities for node and the browser.
- step – An async control-flow library that makes stepping through logic easy.
- contra – Asynchronous flow control with a functional taste to it.
- Bluebird – fully featured promise library with focus on innovative features and performance.
- when – A solid, fast Promises/A+ and when() implementation, plus other async goodies.
- ObjectEventTarget – Provide a prototype that add support to event listeners (with same behavior of EventTarget from DOMElements available on browsers).
- page.js – A micro client-side router inspired by the Express router (~1200 bytes).
- pathjs – Simple, lightweight routing for web browsers.
- DOMPurify – A DOM-only, super-fast, uber-tolerant XSS sanitizer for HTML, MathML and SVG.
- js-xss – Sanitize untrusted HTML (to prevent XSS) with a configuration specified by a Whitelist.
- xss-filters – Secure XSS Filters by Yahoo
- log – Console.log with style.
- console.log-wrapper – Log to the console in any browser with clarity.
- minilog – Lightweight client & server-side logging with Stream-API backends
- storyboard – Universal logging library + Chrome extension; it lets you see all client and server tasks triggered by a user action in a single place.
- RegExr – HTML/JS based tool for creating, testing, and learning about Regular Expressions.
- RegExpBuilder – Create regular expressions using chained methods.
- axios – A Promise-based HTTP client for the browser and node.js.
- bottleneck – A powerful rate limiter that simplifies throttling.
- jquery.rest – A jQuery plugin for easy consumption of RESTful APIs.
- Rails Ranger – An opinionated REST client for Ruby on Rails APIs.
- Tailor – Streaming layout service for front-end microservices inspired by Facebook’s BigPipe.
- tracking.js – A modern approach to Computer Vision on the web.
- DN2A – Digital Neural Networks Architecture.
- Mind.js – A flexible neural network library.
- Synaptic.js – Architecture-free neural network library for node.js and the browser.
- ml5.js – Friendly Machine Learning for the Web.
- bowser – a browser detector
- benchmark.js – A benchmarking library. Used on jsPerf.com.
- matcha – A simplistic approach to benchmarking.
Libraries for indicating load status.
- Mprogress.js – Create Google Material Design progress linear bars.
- NProgress – Slim progress bars for Ajax’y applications.
- Spin.js – A spinning activity indicator.
- progress.js – Create and manage progress bar for all page objects.
- progressbar.js – Beautiful and responsive progress bars with animated SVG paths.
- pace – Automatically add a progress bar to your site.
- topbar – Tiny & beautiful site-wide progress indicator.
- nanobar – Very lightweight progress bars. No jQuery.
- PageLoadingEffects – Modern ways of using SVG animations to receal new content.
- SpinKit – A collection of loading indicators using CSS animations.
- Ladda – Buttons with built-in loading indicators.
- css-loaders – A collection of loading spinners animated with CSS
- Parsley.js – Validate your forms, frontend, without writing a single line of JS.
- jquery-validation – A jQuery Validation Plugin.
- validator.js – For string validation and sanitization.
- validatr – Cross-browser HTML5 Form Validation.
- FormValidation – The best jQuery plugin to validate form fields. Formerly BootstrapValidator.
- is.js – Check types, regexps, presence, time and more.
- FieldVal – multipurpose validation library. Supports both sync and async validation.
- keymaster – A simple micro-library for defining and dispatching keyboard shortcuts.
- Keypress – A keyboard input capturing utility in which any key can be a modifier key.
- jquery.hotkeys – jQuery Hotkeys lets you watch for keyboard events anywhere in your code supporting almost any key combination.
- jwerty – Awesome handling of keyboard events.
Tours And Guides
- intro.js – A better way for new feature introduction and step-by-step users guide for your website and project.
- shepherd – Guide your users through a tour of your app.
- bootstrap-tour – Quick and easy product tours with Twitter Bootstrap Popovers.
- tourist – Simple, flexible tours for your app.
- chardin.js – Simple overlay instructions for your apps.
- pageguide – An interactive guide for web page elements using jQuery and CSS3.
- hopscotch – A framework to make it easy for developers to add product tours to their pages.
- joyride – jQuery feature tour plugin.
- focusable – Set a spotlight focus on DOM element adding a overlay layer to the rest of the page.
- iziToast – Elegant, responsive, flexible and lightweight notification plugin with no dependencies.
- messenger – Growl-style alerts and messages for your app.
- noty – jQuery notification plugin.
- humane-js – A simple, modern, browser notification system.
- notie – Simple notifications and inputs with no dependencies.
- Swiper – Mobile touch slider and framework with hardware accelerated transitions.
- slick – The last carousel you’ll ever need.
- slidesJs – Is a ressponsive slideshow plug-in for JQuery(1.7.1+) with features like touch and CSS3 transitions
- FlexSlider – An awesome, fully responsive jQuery slider plugin.
- unslider – The simplest jQuery slider there is.
- vegas – A jQuery plugin to add beautiful fullscreen backgrounds to your webpages. It even allows Slideshows.
- Sequence – CSS animation framework for creating responsive sliders, presentations, banners, and other step-based applications.
- reveal.js – A framework for easily creating beautiful presentations using HTML.
- impress.js – It’s a presentation framework based on the power of CSS3 transforms and transitions in modern browsers and inspired by the idea behind prezi.com.
- bespoke.js – DIY Presentation Micro-Framework
- Strut – Strut – An Impress.js and Bespoke.js Presentation Editor
- jcSlider – A responsive slider jQuery plugin with CSS animations.
- basic-jquery-slider – Simple to use, simple to theme, simple to customise.
- jQuery.adaptive-slider – A jQuery plugin for a slider with adaptive colored figcaption and navigation.
- slidr – add some slide effects.
- Flickity – Touch, responsive, flickable galleries.
- Glide.js – Responsive and touch-friendly jQuery slider. It’s simple, lightweight and fast.
- jQuery.adaptive-slider – A jQuery plugin for a slider with adaptive colored figcaption and navigation.
- Ion.RangeSlider – Powerful and easily customizable range slider with many options and skin support.
- noUiSlider – A lightweight, highly customizable range slider without bloat.
- rangeslider.js – HTML5 input range slider element polyfill.
- typeahead.js – A fast and fully-featured autocomplete library.
- tag-it – A jQuery UI plugin to handle multi-tag fields as well as tag suggestions/autocomplete.
- At.js – Add Github like mentions autocomplete to your application.
- fancyInput – Makes typing in input fields fun with CSS3 effects.
- jQuery-Tags-Input – Magically convert a simple text input into a cool tag list with this jQuery plugin.
- Ion.CheckRadio – jQuery plugin for styling checkboxes and radio-buttons. With skin support.
- awesomplete – Ultra lightweight, usable, beautiful autocomplete with zero dependencies.
- pickadate.js – The mobile-friendly, responsive, and lightweight jQuery date & time input picker.
- bootstrap-datepicker – A datepicker for @twitter bootstrap forked from Stefan Petre’s (of eyecon.ro), improvements by @eternicode.
- fullcalendar – Full-sized drag & drop event calendar (jQuery plugin).
- rome – A customizable date (and time) picker. Dependency free, opt-in UI.
- datedropper – datedropper is a jQuery plugin that provides a quick and easy way to manage dates for input fields.
- selectize.js – Selectize is the hybrid of a textbox and select box. It’s jQuery based and it has autocomplete and native-feeling keyboard navigation; useful for tagging, contact lists, etc.
- select2 – a jQuery based replacement for select boxes. It supports searching, remote data sets, and infinite scrolling of results.
- chosen – A library for making long, unwieldy select boxes more friendly.
- jQuery-File-Upload – File Upload widget with multiple file selection, drag&drop support, progress bar, validation and preview images, audio and video for jQuery.
- dropzone – Dropzone is an easy to use drag’n’drop library. It supports image previews and shows nice progress bars.
- fine-uploader – Multiple file upload plugin with progress-bar, drag-and-drop, direct-to-S3 uploading.
- form – jQuery Form Plugin.
- Garlic.js – Automatically persist your forms’ text and select field values locally, until the form is submitted.
- card – Make your credit card form better in one line of code.
- stretchy – Form element autosizing, the way it should be.
- tipsy – Facebook-style tooltips plugin for jQuery.
- qTip2 – Pretty powerful tooltips.
- tooltipster – A jQuery tooltip plugin.
- simptip – A simple CSS tooltip made with Sass.
- jquery-popup-overlay – jQuery plugin for responsive and accessible modal windows and tooltips.
- toolbar – A tooltip style toolbar jQuery plugin
- hint.css – A tooltip library in CSS for your lovely websites.
Modals and Popups
- Magnific-Popup – A Light and responsive lightbox script with focus on performance.
- jquery-popbox – jQuery PopBox UI Element.
- jquery.avgrund.js – A jQuery plugin with new modal concept for popups.
- vex – A modern dialog library which is highly configurable and easy to style.
- bootstrap-modal – Extends the default Bootstrap Modal class. Responsive, stackable, ajax and more.
- css-modal – A modal built out of pure CSS.
- jquery-popup-overlay – jQuery plugin for responsive and accessible modal windows and tooltips.
- colorbox – A light-weight, customizable lightbox plugin for jQuery.
- fancyBox – A tool that offers a nice and elegant way to add zooming functionality for images, html content and multi-media on your webpages.
- swipebox – A touchable jQuery lightbox
- jBox – jBox is a powerful and flexible jQuery plugin, taking care of all your popup windows, tooltips, notices and more.
- scrollMonitor – A simple and fast API to monitor elements as you scroll.
- headroom – Give your pages some headroom. Hide your header until you need it.
- onepage-scroll – Create an Apple-like one page scroller website (iPhone 5S website) with One Page Scroll plugin.
- skrollr – Stand-alone parallax scrolling library for mobile (Android + iOS) and desktop. No jQuery.
- parallax – Parallax Engine that reacts to the orientation of a smart device.
- stellar.js – Parallax scrolling made easy.
- plax – jQuery powered parallaxing.
- jparallax – jQuery plugin for creating interactive parallax effect.
- fullPage – A simple and easy to use plugin to create fullscreen scrolling websites (also known as single page websites).
- ScrollMenu – A new interface to replace old boring scrollbar.
- Clusterize.js – Tiny vanilla JS plugin to display large data sets easily.
- jQuery-menu-aim – jQuery plugin to fire events when user’s cursor aims at particular dropdown menu items. For making responsive mega dropdowns like Amazon’s.
- jQuery contextMenu – contextMenu manager.
- Slideout – A responsive touch slideout navigation menu for mobile web apps.
- Slide and swipe – A sliding swipe menu that works with touchSwipe library.
- jTable – A jQuery plugin to create AJAX based CRUD tables.
- DataTables – (jQuery plug-in) It is a highly flexible tool, based upon the foundations of progressive enhancement, and will add advanced interaction controls to any HTML table.
- Tabulator – (jQuery plug-in) An extremely flexible library that create tables with a range of interactive features from any JSON data source or existing HTML table.
- Bootstrap Table – An Extension to the popular Bootstrap framework for creating tables that fit the style of your site with no need for additional markup.
- floatThead – (jQuery plug-in) lock any table’s header while scrolling within the body. Works on any table and requires no custom html or css.
- Masonry – A cascading grid layout library.
- Packery – A grid layout library that uses a bin-packing algorithm. Useable for draggable layouts.
- Isotope – A filterable, sortable, grid layout library. Can implement Masonry, Packery, and other layouts.
- flexboxgrid – Grid based on CSS3 flexbox
- Semantic UI – UI Kit with lots of themes and elements
- w2ui – A set of jQuery plugins for front-end development of data-driven web applications.
- fluidity – The worlds smallest fully-responsive css framework
- Ink – An HTML5/CSS3 framework used at SAPO for fast and efficient website design and prototyping
- html5-boilerplate – A professional front-end template for building fast, robust, and adaptable web apps or sites.
- mobile-boilerplate – A front-end template that helps you build fast, modern mobile web apps.
- webplate – An awesome front-end framework that lets you stay focused on building your site or app while remaining really easy to use.
- Cerberus – A few simple, but solid patterns for responsive HTML emails. Even in Outlook.
- full-page-intro-and-navigation – An intro page with a full width background image, a bold animated menu and an iOS-like blurred effect behind the navigation
- Fluid-Squares – A fluid grid of square units.
- Mobile-First-RWD – An example of a mobile-first responsive web design
- this-is-responsive – This Is Responsive
- npm run-scripts Task automation with NPM run-scripts.
- touchemulator – Emulate touch input on your desktop.
- Dragula – Drag and drop so simple it hurts
- Cesium – Open Source WebGL virtual globe and map engine.
- gmaps – The easiest way to use Google Maps.
- jqvmap – jQuery Vector Map Library.
- OpenLayers3 – A high-performance, feature-packed library for all your mapping needs.
- prettyembed.js – Prettier embeds for your YouTubes – with nice options like high-res preview images, advanced customization of embed options, and optional FitVids support.
- html5media – Enables and tags in all major browsers.
- polyplayer – Rule YouTube, Soundcloud and Vimeo player with one API
- flowplayer – The HTML5 video player for the web.
- mediaelement – HTML5 or player with Flash and Silverlight shims that mimics the HTML5 MediaElement API, enabling a consistent UI in all browsers.
- SoundJS – A library to make working with audio on the web easier. It provides a consistent API for playing audio in different browsers.
- video.js – Video.js – open source HTML5 & Flash video player
- FitVids.js – A lightweight, easy-to-use jQuery plugin for fluid width video embeds.
- Ion.Sound – Simple sounds on any web page
- photobooth-js – A widget that allows users to take their avatar pictures on your site
- clappr – An extensible media player for the web.
- FlowType.JS – Web typography at its finest: font-size and line-height based on element width.
- BigText – jQuery plugin, calculates the font-size and word-spacing needed to match a line of text to a specific width.
- circletype – A jQuery plugin that lets you curve type on the web
- slabText – A jQuery plugin for producing big, bold & responsive headlines
- simple-text-rotator – Add a super simple rotating text to your website with little to no markup
- novacancy.js – Text Neon Golden effect jQuery plug-in.
- jquery-responsive-text – Make your text sizing responsive!
- FitText.js – A jQuery plugin for inflating web type
<span>injector for radical Web Typography
- jquery.transit – Super-smooth CSS3 transformations and transitions for jQuery.
- impress.js – Make Prezi-like presentations with CSS3 transformations/transitions in an HTML document.
- bounce.js – Create tasty CSS3 powered animations in no time.
- GreenSock-JS – High-performance HTML5 animations that work in all major browsers.
- TransitionEnd – TransitionEnd is an agnostic and cross-browser library to work with transitionend event.
- the-cube – The Cube is an experiment with CSS3 transitions.
- Effeckt.css – A Performant Transitions and Animations Library
- animate.css – A cross-browser library of CSS animations. As easy to use as an easy thing.
- textillate – A simple plugin for CSS3 text animations
- animatable – One property, two values, endless possiblities
- shuffle-images – The Simplest Way to shuffle through images in a Creative Way http://www.thepetedesign.com/demos/shuffle-images_demo.html
- smoothState.js – Unobtrusive page transitions with jQuery.
- Mo.js – Motion graphics toolbelt for the web http://mojs.io.
- lena.js – A Library for image processing with filters and util functions.
- pica – High quality image resize (with fast Lanczos filter, implemented in pure JS).
- cropper – A simple jQuery image cropping plugin.
- es6features – Overview of ECMAScript 6 features.
- es6-features – ECMAScript 6: Feature Overview & Comparison.
- es6-cheatsheet – ES2015 [ES6] cheatsheet containing tips, tricks, best practices and code snippets.
- ECMAScript 6 compatibility table – Compatibility tables for all ECMAScript 6 features on a variety of environments.
- Babel (Formerly 6to5) – Turn ES6+ code into vanilla ES5 with no runtime.
- Traceur compiler – ES6 features > ES5. Includes classes, generators, promises, destructuring patterns, default parameters & more.
- Spotify SDK – Entity oriented SDK to work with the Spotify Web API.
- echo – Lazy-loading images with data-* attributes.
- picturefill – A responsive image polyfill for <picture>, srcset, sizes.
- spoiler-alert – SPOILER ALERT! A happy little jquery plugin to hide spoilers on your site.
- jquery.vibrate.js – Vibration API Wrappers
- list.js – Adds search, sort, filters and flexibility to tables, lists and various HTML elements. Built to be invisible and work on existing HTML.
- mixitup – MixItUp – A Filter & Sort Plugin
- grid – Drag and drop library for two-dimensional, resizable and responsive lists.
- jquery-match-height – a responsive equal heights plugin for jQuery.
- Clipboard.js – “Copy to clipboard” without Flash or use of Frameworks.
Congratulations, you have made it to the end of the list! Share it with your loved ones.
Credit: Thanks to Sorrycc for adding this list and waiving all copyright and related/neighboring rights to this work as he released it on GitHub under the Public Domain.
Think of this post as a fork of the original article (which is libre) so your contributions in the form of suggestions, comments, etc. are always welcome.
Are you happy with today’s list? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.